Planning a Trip With Your Dog?
Traveling can be an exciting adventure for you and your dog, but a long car ride with little to no activity can also be stressful for your canine companion! Increasing your dog’s activity before a long trip is a great way to make your trip a bit easier!
Tiredness can really take away from some of the worry your dog may experience during a long car ride. Remember: A tired dog is a happy dog! Play and physical activity are great ways to exercise your dog’s body and mind before a long trip. The morning before a planned trip, take your dog for a longer play session.
Tips to Keep Your Pup Active on the Road
- Take him to his favorite park to play fetch
- Bringing him to play with his friends at a local doggie daycare
- Take a jog together around the neighborhood
- Throw around a frisbee for him at the beach
- Set up a play date with another of your dog’s doggie-friends
- Play tug-of-war together
- Run him up and down the stairs!
The point is — amp up your dog’s activity level before a long trip to help him relax. This can be done with any form of play and activity you can think up!
For more on physical activity games, exercises, and video solutions, visit zendogtraining.net!